Hanukkah recipe Wednesday! No need to give up on holiday traditions to live a plant-based lifestyle…. Here is our Sweet Potato Latkes recipe!!
- 2 cups grated organic sweet potato (about 1 medium, skinned)
- 2 chopped organic green onions (white and light green portion only)
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- ½ tsp pink salt
- 1 tbsp organic flour
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 2 tbsp organic almond or rice milk
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp grape seed oil (for frying)
In a large bowl, combine grated sweet potato, green onion. and ginger.
In a small bowl, combine flour, arrowroot, and pink salt. Whisk in almond milk and coconut aminos.
Add flour mixture to sweet potato mixture and mix until combined. Make 12 patties.
Place oil in large skillet and heat on medium-high heat for five minutes. Place latkes on hot skillet and cook until crisp (about five minutes on each side). Place on paper towel-lined plate to absorb excess oil.
Serve with organic sour cashew cream and minced organic apples.
from ramanandan http://ift.tt/2guw5Ax