sabato 24 dicembre 2016

spoutziki-art: saltyinfluencersoul: spoutziki-art: Ford...



spoutziki-art:

saltyinfluencersoul:

spoutziki-art:

Ford Madox Brown, The Irish Girl, 1860

Oil on canvas laid on board

Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund

One of the few works by this artist that I really like (I generally find his pre-raphaelite sentimentality quite sickening), it might have something to do with that lovely blue cornflower the subject holds.

If one more person comments on the pre-raphaelite ‘sentimentality’ I am seriously going to loose it. Glad you like this one, I am sure Ford Madox Brown cares deeply and is now turning in his grave happy because you liked this one work by him.

And no, I GOT NO CHILL TODAY.

Sincerely, 

Your (usually - but not today) friendly neighborhood art historian. 



from ramanandan http://ift.tt/2hT1Gw0
via IFTTT
Posta un commento