Sunny Spring Lemon Curd
3-4 lemons (zest and juice)
200 grams sugar
3 medium eggs
50 grams of butter
1. Put all ingredients except butter into a non-stick saucepan.
2. Heat the ingredients on medium heat, whisking continuously.
3. When the curd starts to bubble turn the hob into lower heat and keep whisking for 7-8 minuted or until the curd has thickened to your liking.
4. Remove from the heat and mix the butter in until completely melted, this gives the curd nice shine.
5. Leave the curd into saucepan until cooled. Do not mix anymore.
6. Use or put into sanitized, dry jar. The curd keeps in the fridge about a month.
Spring Equinox is drawing close (20th of March in 2017. Ostara or Ēostre is on March 21st) and many witches celebrate it regardless of the Path they follow. Celebration of Spring and new growth is important part of many practices all around the world.
I like to celebrate the Spring and oncoming summer with fruitbread (recipe coming) and home made lemon curd.
Lemons are purifying and clensing, and give you fresh start for the spring. It also turns away harmful spells and evil eye. Lemon juice is useful for rheumatism, excessive menstruation, asthma and supports the immune system during times of illness. Their yellow colour also symbolises sun, light, creativity, happiness and warmth.
Some people are sensitive to lemons. This may manifest as a headache or asthmatic symptoms. The acid in lemons is damaging to tooth enamel.
Eggs are symbol of health and fertility, new life and rebirth. They absorb negativity and can ward or shield you against evil eye. Raw eggs can be used to nourish and wash your hair naturally (among many other things).
Some people are allergic to eggs. This may manifest as rash, stomach pains, respiratory problems etc.
Sugar has noted summoning and attracting powers. It can help you to attract wealth, quality and other things you might desire. It can also sweeten people’s feelings towards you.
Butter is symbol of wealth, growth and rationality. If salted it can also have mild banishing powers towards poverty and money loss.
from ramanandan http://ift.tt/2n3rvM0