venerdì 7 luglio 2017

gerrybannan: I am not a Hindu, nor do I profess to be a scholar...



gerrybannan:

I am not a Hindu, nor do I profess to be a scholar of that religion. But I included this image of the dancing Shiva Nataraja in my drawing Horror Vacui because of its inspirational power.
The image is rich with symbolism, but the main point is that Shiva’s dance is creating the universe and all its myriad moving parts. And, in doing so, he is crushing and destroying the personification of Ignorance cowering under his firmly planted foot.
In a world that celebrates the beauty of growth, the benevolence of grace, and the delight found in diversity, there is no place for ignorance. Varied ideas born of honest, considered difference are to be celebrated, but notions born of ignorance do NOT deserve an equal hearing, do NOT deserve consideration, do NOT deserve our attention. Ignorance must be recognized as such and stamped out in the creation of the true cosmos.



from ramanandan http://ift.tt/2tp7933
via IFTTT
Posta un commento